Saturday, May 10, 2014

My first week in language school: a recap

In starting my first week I felt a lot of things. I felt scared, excited, nervous, hopeful, lonely, sad, and mostly felt overwhelmed. :) I felt too much! Hahaha 
God is so good. Right when I had reached the breaking point, I had just felt too much... He rescued me. :)
Classes started, and I began to get into a routine. Life seemed a little less scary. :) I relaxed, and began to enjoy the ride. 
I started taking everything in. Enjoying all the new places, the new people, the new experiences. :) 
This has been such an adventure! I was praying last night as I was falling asleep, just thanking God for taking me on this adventure with Him. :) How fun and exciting it has been going through this with Him, and how much I have learned. 
The truth is, He doesn't need me. He doesn't need me to do anything to further His kingdom. He doesn't need me to learn another language, or travel to another country, or care for my girls. He can handle it on His own just fine. :)
But he lets me join in. He wants to share this experience with me. :) Wants me to grow closer to Him, to go on this ride, holding His hand, and jumping off the ledge. 
At times (like...all times) I can be a bit of a control freak. :) More on that later. God has really been showing me (gradually, because He is so kind and gentle to me) that this life can be so fun. :) it can be such a journey, so overwhelmingly beautiful and exciting. If we just learn to jump first and think later. 
It takes trust. :) Confidence that we know He'll take us on a trip better than our best plans and wildest dreams. :) Trusting even when the plan isn't clear. Walking out when we can only see the next step, not the whole staircase. It takes being brave. (This absolutely does not mean not having fear. It means being scared to death, then doing it anyway. :)) It takes a complete change of mindset. It did for me, anyway. Counting every blessing (big and small), being grateful, realizing how insanely blessed I am, and truly taking time to thank God for that. 
I keep telling people so far in the first week of language school, the main thing I have learned is how much I don't know. :) It's good, but tough too! I have such a far way to go. 
I've had to work hard. Make really tough choices. I've had to persist when it seemed impossible. Push when I felt like I couldn't go on. The has been the best and hardest time in my entire life. I absolutely could not have done this without God. This past year I have been the most happy, sad, scared, and excited than I have been in my entire life. :) 
And boy, has it been worth every single second. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment