Monday, May 5, 2014

My brief stay in Monterrey

I thought about writing this post in Spanish, then translating it, but my brain is going to shut down if I do. lol This speaking in two languages thing is EXHAUSTING! Hahaha

Where to begin?! 
Obviously, I got to Monterrey safe and sound. :) It was a whirlwind! We got there Thursday night, then at the booty crack of dawn on Friday, I took my parents to the airport. :( I was so sad they didn't get to see everything, or much if anything really lol, but I'm pretty sure it gave them a taste of where I'll be living, and hopefully the desire to come back to visit. :) 
We got to go to dinner with Daniel and Vero, the directors of the casa hogar I will be working in, aaaaaaaaand they got to meet Marco in person. :) They both said it was a comfort meeting them, and that they feel better knowing I am loved and taken care of here as well. Daniel made it a point to reassure them that he would look after me like a father would. (So stop worrying!! ;))
We went on this beautiful river walk, saw some beautiful scenery, and Marco made my dad try fruit with chamoy (spicy stuff) on it. He loved it. However, he did not love elote (sounds like "eh-LOW-tay"). He thought it was supposed to be sweet, like the fruit, but it is actually corn, mayo stuff, sand hot sauce. I actually like it, when it's not made really spicy. But most who know me know that I love corn like a fat kid loves cake. :) It doesn't matter what kind. :)
I digress... So I hung around campus the next day, and Kelly and Andrew (two b2b friends (b2b = Back2Back, the organization I am with)) took me out to lunch and some shopping. :) It was so fun getting to hang out. 
Later that evening, I begged Marco to come visit me, even though where he lives is about an hr from b2b's campus. :/ lol So, we had out first real date! And since pizza is both of our favorites, we had a lovely romantic date at dominoes. :) Hahaha For me, it was the perfect date! Great dude, great pizza, how could I ask for more?! 
I couldn't get a fantastic picture of us; we kept laughing. :)
One of my favorites :) I have no idea why he decided to make that face. :)
This is the best one without pizza in our faces. Hahaha
He ate over 1/2 the pizza :) I had 2 slices. That's mah MAN!! :D I may be biased, but how stinkin cute is he?! lol 9 months apart made even the pizza taste better I think. :) Then he tells me he wants to go to a store next door to grab some ices cream or dessert. What he really did was buy me flowers. :)
I think I'll keep him for now. ;) hahaha


I can't wait to get back to show you all my girls, my new house, and my new family at the children's home!!! :) 
Since there are caregivers currently where I'll be staying, we thought it'd be best if I didn't go until after I came back from language school. It'd be hard for the girls to see me for like 2 hrs, then I'd leave again for a month. :/ I am SOOO excited to see them soon!!

More to come on my first day of language school, and a tour of my house here! I know y'all are on the edge of your seats!! ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment