Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day trip with Dani

Everyday we have a little outing. Sometimes we go to a museum, or a market, sometimes out to coffee, and sometimes we just go for a walk around town. 
The wind around here this past week was insane. IN. SANE. We'd leave to go grab something to eat, or for our outing, and the wind would blow so hard it would knock us off balance! For my thinner friends here, it's actually almost knocked them down! 
I digress... So during one of our adventures, we took a walk with Daniel. I'm not exactly sure of what our destination was supposed to be, but we mainly walked up a bridge, saw a harbor where they brought in a lot of cargo, saw (what used to be) a train station, and headed home. It was really interesting and pretty. The wind nearly blew my eyeballs (sorry Sara and Kori) right out of my head, but it was really interesting to see! 
Pics from our walk (I wish I could've taped how intense the wind was):


The old train station. The trains only carry cargo, not people anymore. 



They bring tons of cars in this harbor in giant boxes. Then line them all up here to be distributed:


Random cool train pic:


Despite the wind (did I mention it was insane?!) we had a great time chatting and walking around. 


No comments:

Post a Comment