Thursday, May 22, 2014

Field trip!! (Lots of pictures) Cempoala (the pyramids)


Always so excited for feild trip day! Daniel (a teacher) and I on our way to Cempoala on the bus!

Alicia and Margo are ready too!!


Gorgeous flowers, and mango trees!!

Tha mangos hang from these weird cords. The picture doesn't show it very well. :P

One day I would love to take a decent selfie, like all the cool kids. ;) 





We went in a little museum filled with different artifacts. They were so intricate! 
It's a shame I can't remember what they are from. :/ (Hey, my memory is bad enough in ENGLISH!) You can't possibly expect me to understand what they're saying and remember! :)


This was a place that they believed human sacrifices were placed. They found a lot of bones/skulls in the hole. Gross. 

The slab were the sacrifices were made...I think. I should really take notes. lol

And here's some selfie practice


Group selfie success!! First try too!!


Photobombers. ;)

Margo (our other teacher/guide) running the wall of the gladiator ring. 
We also had some fun being gladiators. :)

Check out that form! Hahaha

Two against one?! So not fair. 

We're so tough. ;)

After gladiator-ing selfie. :)


Our fun group of the day, in front of one of the pyramids. (They were huuuuuge)

Because they're cray- Margo and Daniel decided to climb one. :/ lol 


There were the ENOURMOUS gorgeous trees all around. Margo decided I was her photographer for the day. :) We took turns being models. 


Kelli Dunn. Tree model. hahahaha


These trees were gargantuan. Unbelievably huge-mongous. 


Some had these bizarre doo-hickies on them. Never did figure out what they were. 


But you can't eat them. Daniel said no. :( 


To give you some idea of how large these trees were, here is a picture of me next to the trunk. See?! Gigantor. 


Cool shot of the pyramids.


Pyramid selfie! Getting better? No...not yet. :/ lol


This was ONE TREE. Craziness. And Margo loving the photobomb. :) This girl is the best. 


I'm so whiiiiiite!!! I took two pics, and this is the better one! The sun was actually reflecting off of me on the first one!! It's a fact- I'm so white I actually reflect the sun. 


We didn't really know what this was, but it looked cool. So I stepped into the circle and we had some fun taking crazy pictures. 


First Alicia. 


Then Dani wanted to fly. 


They're weirdos. That's why we get along so well. :) 

Then we were off to lunch, then to the house of Cortez. 

Since this post is about as huge as the trees we saw, I'm gonna put those pics in a second post. 

Check em out- they're even cooler than the pyramids!!




















No comments:

Post a Comment