Saturday, June 4, 2011

Groups are coming! :)

This morning the internet is actually working! I am so sorry I am not posting lots of pictures everyday and posting everyday. Trust me- I try!! :) I wake up 2 hours early every morning, come down to where we can actually get the internet- and give it a shot. :) So it's not due to lack of effort, I promise! :)

This is my house! :) Well- the girl interns and summer nannies (for the staff people here with kids) all stay in the top part. I LOVE it! :) 12 people in two rooms- and ONE BATHROOM! :) We make it work though- only God knows how!
This is Molly (left) and Sara (right) running through the sprinklers yesterday after a LONG day of cleaning and organizing the bodega! (Spanish for tool shed thingy)

This morning we cleaned and prepared for the groups- now we're just waiting for them to get here!! :) I can't wait! Then we get to go to Casa Hogar Douglas, WHERE MY GIRLIES ARE!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOO excited!! I'll try to get a picture of me with them today to show how they've grown!

I have to admit- the first day I was here, I felt totally lost. I actually woke up and freaked for a second, thinking, "Oh my word... what have I done?!" Then I had a little cry, lol, then I prayed. And I'll tell you what- it's RARE that I pray and then BOOM! God answers right away and just changes my feelings for me. But that's what happened. Instantly after praying, I just felt this peace... this calm. Knowing I'm where God wants me is enough. :) And later that day, as I was walking around campus I remember thinking, "God- I LOVE it here!!" So cool.

Alrighty peeps- it's time for lunch, then GROUPS!! :)

I hope everyone is doing well- know I am praying for y'all and miss y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Sooooo good to see your post. I'm sure your emotions are going from one extream to the other. God answers prayers when he thinks you need it. He knew you needed it right then :) Keep up the good work and enjoy whatever God has planned for you today. Dads softball team had to play 4 games back to back (ha ha "back to back") anyways, they won all 4. Yea Real Life. Well thats our news for today. Love and miss ya moocho (is that LOTS in spanish?) You know what I mean. Have a BLESSED day. Mom

    ReplyDelete