Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cleaning

So today was a hard labor day. :) We basically cleaned the whole campus to get ready for the groups that come, starting Saturday. Seriously... We worked our behinds off!! :)
Most of my day was spent in the Bodega (Boh-Day-Gah). It was their tool shed, and DESPERATELY needed organizing. We had fun. :)
It, surprisingly, isn't too too hot. Don't get me wrong, after about 15 minutes outside my clothes are soaking wet, but I'm not hating life as I thought I would be. Mama Fry, one of the summer workers here said I'd sweat like a crazy person for two weeks, then be fine. :) I hope she's right!! lol

I wanted to post pictures, because we saw this HUGE rhino-beetle thing!!
 It was awesome (and dead). I took a picture of that, and some of my new friends down here! But apparently the internet isn't as reliable as I thought, so the pictures may be a little less often than I had originally hoped. :( I'll post as many as I can on good internet days!! :)
I think I'm gonna do a one picture- little story a day thing. :)

Dinner's here!! We're having awesome Mexican food!! Tostadas!! YUM!!!
None of the other pics had time to download....it seriously takes like an hour! If I have any free time tonight I'll try to post some more! :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Ugly bug. Please tell me that wasn't you holding it. Glad to hear you already made some new friends. Not suprised though. You are awesome. Who wouldn't want to be your friend. :) I know, I know, my "Mom" is showing. Enjoy dinner. Lovin ya bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome beetle! I kinda want one. Hehe. A dead one, of course. I would totally cast it in resin and make an ornament or something. Haha. In a little while I'm going to send you a Facebook message so you'll have to check later if you get a moment.

    Love you!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad said he wants you to bring him home one of those dead beetles. I, on the other hand, am happy just looking at the pic. thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its Friday June 3rd at 10PM. Are you in a ditch somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Kel. Its Saturday. You said in your post that the new groups start arriving today. I hope God blesses you with many new friends and lots of helping hands. Can't wait to see some pic's of what God is doing through you. Also looking forward to seeing pic's of Wendy and Lydia. I'll bet they have grown so much since September. Have a wonderful day. Love and miss ya bunches, Mom

    ReplyDelete