Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Testing Testing 1 2 3... :)

So I'm giving this whole blog thing a shot. :)

I figure while I'm in Mexico, some people may want to know what I'm doing, where I am, that I'm alive, etc. ;)

So here goes:
I'm on my 5th draft of my packing list. :/ Last night, I realized my trip is two weeks away, and I haven't even BEGUN to pack!! (Begun? Began? Either way...You get the picture...) I've sorted the list by what type of item it is (ie. clothes, toiletries, electronics), what bag it goes in (suitcase, carry-on, purse), and then a joint list of what bag it goes in AND what type of item it is. :)

No doubt, I will forget something. I'm just hoping it's something less important. (I don't really know what will qualify as "less important"-snacks maybe?) Knowing my luck, it'll be something a little more than less important. And so, I make lists. And lists....and lists.... :) All in hopes that, the more lists I make, the less likely it is that I go to Mexico for a month and forget to pack underwear.

Honestly, I feel a tad unprepared for the trip in general. I didn't learn NEARLY as much Spanish as I intended before leaving, hadn't contacted the other people that are also interning, etc etc. It's all good though, because I remember feeling the same way before I went in September, and that trip was UH-MAZE-ING! :) I suppose procrastinating sometimes is beneficial- at least it is to my prayer life! I tend to pray A LOT more when last-minute frantically trying to get ready. Also, you tend to have to rely on God more when it's two days before your trip, you have no money, and still haven't found any capris to wear. (Haven't been there personally, but I'm feeling as if I might... :)) This may be me just justifying my procrastination....ok it is DEFINITELY me justifying my procrastination, but still! I do completely believe God is going to work in some huge ways during this trip. I can't wait to see what He has in store!

Thanks for taking this journey with me!

3 comments:

  1. We really are alike! Chuck is always teasing me for my lists. Haha! I'm soooooo excited for you andlook forward to reading all about your time in Mexico. You just have to promise to return to me and not stay there forever! ;) Let me know if you need anything before you go. Also, want to get the gang together for dinner before you go?
    Love you!!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you post your list, we can make sure you're not forgetting something :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle- Thank you for making me not feel crazy! And I d promise to return, my student loans won't let me stay! lol
    Cor-that's a GREAT idea! I'm going to try to type it up tonight and post it!

    ReplyDelete