Saturday, June 25, 2011

This week in a nutshell

Hey guys!
This week FLEW by!! It was crazy! Sunday we went to a ropes course with our group as a team building thing. They did the "Leap of Faith". Basically, you climb up  a large tree, crawl on one of the branches, stand up, then leap to a trapeze hanging from another branch! (They were harnessed and safe, of course!)
Then we came back and had a party with over 500 people on campus!! Every children's home we serve was here. It was so cool! We all were wearing the same shirt, so it was just this sea of orange. The guy who bought all of the shirts for all of us said it was so we can all feel like one giant family of God's children. I thought that was pretty cool! We ate really good food, hung out, and kids gave their testimony about all God has done in their lives. It was really cool!
That's also where I met Wendy and Lidia's mom! She's so young! I'm kinda bummed, because a friend of mine took a picture of all of us on her camera, but lost her camera before I got the picture on my computer. :( It's ok though, I'll still remember her!
I got really sick Tuesday night and all day Wednesday. :( No, I didn't drink the water!! One of the American's that came with one of the groups brought cooties with them! A bunch of us got really yucky. :P It was only one night/day thank God!! I got so dehydrated I couldn't get out of the bed for a little bit. :P Go figure, I come to Mexico and catch AMERICAN cooties! lol
Thursday we had this HUGE soccer game! The kids from one of our children's home came to this neat soccer stadium one of the groups rented out for us, and we had such a great time. Chaotic, but really fun!
Then Friday we had our intern outing!! (Pictures to come!!) I had a blast!! I'm gonna try to post a separate post of just pictures right now. Cross your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment