Saturday, September 22, 2012

Plans

God said, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." Jeremiah 29:11 (Emphasis mine)

I believe him. :) Time and time again God has proven this to me. Plans I've made that have fallen through, only to reveal God had something a million times better than I could have ever imagined. Heading in one direction, only to realize God had brought me to that point to get me where I need to be. 

All this being said, my plans have been redirected. I will not be moving to Mexico in October. The funds just weren't there. However, there were enough funds to be summer staff with Back2Back this June and July! :) I am beyond excited to get the opportunity to work with these amazing people again, for an amazing organization, doing what I absolutely love- advocating for the orphan and widow and getting to learn more than I have ever imagined. 

I thought I would be absolutely devastated. I thought if this didn't work out, I would feel like this dream would be crushed, and I would feel like this is never going to happen. I thought I would feel like maybe I heard God wrong, or that I was pushing through with my own plan instead of listening to where God was directing me. 

This is (one of the million reasons) why God is awesome. After finding out I wouldn't be moving, never once did I feel like I've failed. Instead of being heartbroken like I thought I'd be, I'm excited! God has proven to me over and over that if He closes a door, He's got a plan. And it's going to be awesome! I am constantly reassured that God brought me right to this point in order to bring me to whatever's next! Instead of feeling defeated, thinking I was silly to think this could happen, I am confident that this is what God has called me to do- it's just not the right time yet. Instead of feeling like I "heard God wrong", through prayer and gettin' all up in God's word, I am constantly reassured that I was supposed to do this. I was made for this. And just because the door was closed right now, it doesn't mean it will be forever.

This all has been QUITE an adventure! I have met so many amazing people I wouldn't have without going through this process, and countless blessings for me and some pretty awesome people I know couldn't have played out had I not gone through this awesome experience. I know God is not done yet. :) He didn't take me to this point to say, "Ok, that was fun- I'm over it now." I have never felt more confident that this is what God wants me to do. I don't know what the rest of this story looks like. :) This story has only begun, and I can't wait to see what God's up to! 

Thank you guys so much for taking this adventure with me! I can't wait to fill you in on what's next! I couldn't have done any of this without awesome people who love, support, and encourage me! :) You are all fantastic!

2 comments:

  1. Kelli- I am so glad to read your post. I have been praying a ton for you. God is good and he does have a plan. It is through the power of the Holy Sprit that you could shut the mouth of the Devil. I'm excited that you get to go as SS. You are so good. Greg's first response was really? she would be so good. Praying God's continued plans for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Cathy! :) And thanks to Greg too! :) It's just not his time yet. I'm SO excited about summer staff! I can't wait till June!

    ReplyDelete